Erratum to: Education in wound care: Curricula for doctors and nurses, and experiences from the German wound healing society ICW
© The Author(s). 2017
Received: 13 December 2016
Accepted: 15 December 2016
Published: 3 February 2017
The original article was published in Military Medical Research 2016 3:29
Following publication of this article , it has come to our attention that the incorrect version of the manuscript was published. In this incorrect version, the title of the article has been updated to “Education in wound care: Curricula for doctors and nurses, and experiences from the German wound healing society ICW”. The author affiliations in the Frontmatter were also captured incorrectly as “1Gemeinschaftspraxis Bramfeld, Bramfelder Chaussee 200, Hamburg 22177, Germany. 2Akademische Lehr—und Forschungspraxis, der Universität Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany” however, instead should only be “1Gemeinschaftspraxis Bramfeld, Bramfelder Chaussee 200, Hamburg 22177, Germany”. Furthermore, the abbreviations and author’s information was captured incorrectly, and references section was missed in the article, which should have included the following:
DFS, Diabetic foot syndrome; ICW, Initiative Chronische Wunden; TÜV, Technischer Überwachungsverein
The author declares that he has no competing interests
Karl-Christian Münter, MD, Phlebologist, Board member ICW (Initiative Chronische Wunden), Council member EWMA (European Wound Management Association), Academic Practice Affiliated to University of Hamburg, Germany.
1. Liebl A, Neiss A, Spannheimer A, Reitberger U, Wagner T, Görtz A. Costs of type 2 diabetes in Germany. Results of the CODE-2 study. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2001;126:585–9.
2. Meyer-Heintze V. [Diabetic foot from the social medicine viewpoint]. Zentralbl Chir. 1999;124 Suppl 1:45–8.
3. Arbeitsgruppe Erhebung und Nutzung von Sekundärdaten (AGENS) der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Sozialmedizin und Prävention: Gute Praxis Sekundärdatenanalyse (GPS). In: Swart E, Ihle P (Hrsg): Routinedaten im Gesundheitswesen. Handbuch Sekundärdatenanalyse: Grundlagen, Methoden, Perspektiven. Bern: Verlag Hans Huber 2005; 405-12. [Publication in German].
4. Quan H, Sundararajan V, Halfon P, Fong A, Burnand B, Luthi JC, et al. Coding algorithms for defining comorbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data. Med Care. 2005;43:1130–9.
5. Prompers L, Huijberts M, Schaper N, Apelqvist J, Bakker K, Edmonds M, et al. Resource utilisation and costs associated with the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers. Prospective data from the Eurodiale Study. Diabetologia. 2008;51:1826–34.
6. Girod I, Valensi P, Laforêt C, Moreau-Defarges T, Guillon P, Baron F. An economic evaluation of the cost of diabetic foot ulcers: results of a retrospective study on 239 patients. Diabetes Metab. 2003;29:269–77.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.
- Münter KC. Education in wound care: Curricula for doctors and nurses, and experiences from the German wound healing society ICW . Mil Med Res. 2016;3:29. doi:https://doi.org/10.1186/s40779-016-0094-1.