1. About the Journal
Military Medical Research (MMR) is an open access, peer-reviewed journal sponsored by the People's Military Medical Press and published by BMC, Springer Nature. Founded in 2014, MMR has been indexed by internationally renowned databases including SCIE, MEDLINE, PubMed, Scopus, and DOAJ. The first Impact Factor of the journal will be released in 2020.
MMR aims to become a world-class platform for scholarly communication. The journal is committed to promoting the dissemination of the latest ideas and novel findings in the full range of topics in basic and clinical sciences, translational and precision medicine, emerging and interdisciplinary subjects, and superior technologies in military and civilian medicine.
2. Recruitment of Young Editorial Board Member
Currently, the editorial board of MMR is composed of 110 world-renowned experts in basic and clinical medicine from 20 countries and regions. In order to provide a platform for active academic exchange for young scientists engaging in basic and clinical research, MMR is constructing an editorial board specifically for young editorial members. This board would be an excellent venue for young scientists to practice their editorial management skills, comment on peer work, exchange ideas, and find collaboration opportunities.
3. Application Information
3.1 Planned total members in the Young Editorial Board: 20 ~ 30 members.
(1) Research in basic and/or clinical disciplines with MD and/or PhD degree.
(2) The applicant has published over ten peer-reviewed scientific articles or published at least two articles in the first-line journals (IF>5), as the first and/or corresponding author.
(3) The applicant has experience in obtaining and completing independent extramural funding-supported research project(s).
(4) The applicant has experience in regularly performing journal article reviews.
3.3 Duties of the Youth Members
(1) Recommending and collecting manuscripts from outstanding bio-medical researchers worldwide.
(2) Serving as a reviewer for submitted papers.
(3) Publishing editorial commentary or highlights on significant papers.
(4) The term of service is one year, which can be renewed annually.
3.4 Rights of the Youth Members
(1) The qualified editorial member will receive an official appointment certificate from the MMR Editorial Board.
(2) The articles from youth members or recommended by youth members are preferably considered for publication in MMR.
(3) Youth members will regularly receive electronic full-text articles published in MMR and informative newsletters.
(4) Youth members’ peer-review work will be acknowledged in the Journal.
(5) Outstanding youth members will be elected and awarded the “Reviewer of the Year”.
3.5 Submitting Application
Please send an email attached CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject "MMR Young Editorial Board Application + Name + Research Area". The deadline for the application is June 30, 2020.
MMR looks forward to your joining!
Journal website: mmrjournal.biomedcentral.com